Tax Returns 2012/2013 tax year

Tax Returns for the 2012/2013 tax year

The tax season is still open for the 2012/2013 tax year and people who have not submitted their returns should do so before the closing dates.

If you have any questions or problems with submitting your returns please give us a call and one of our professional tax specialists can assist you.

Who should be submitting their tax returns?

Individuals (Provisional and non-provisional taxpayers)


If you earn under R250 000 for a full year from one employer (that’s your total salary income before tax) and have no other sources of additional income (for example like interest or rental income) and no deductions that you want to claim for (for example like medical expenses, travel or retirement annuities), then you don’t need to submit a return.

What you should do

Use the information supplied in your ITR5/IT3(a)(which you will get form your employer) as well as other Tax Certificates from your medical aid, Retirement Fund Annuities, investment income etc.

Use only accurate information and the correct figures which appear on your various supporting documents when you complete your return.

Don’t claim deductions and expenses which do not exist or are not applicable to the year of assessment for which the return is being submitted.

And finally, don’t leave anything out! Declare all additional income you earned like the rent you got from your holiday house or the tips and salary you got from your waitressing job!

Top Tip: Remember, you need to keep all your supporting documents for five years in case SARS wants to check them.

Register for 2015 library